Last revised June 30th, 2017
What Personal Information icejam Collects
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address or payment information (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it to us by using the Service, or when you provide it to us through other means. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you:
- Download and/or install the Game;
- Create or manage an account;
- Play the Game;
- Make a purchase through or in association with the Game;
- Provide us with information through the Site;
- Contact us through e-mail, telephone, mail, or other correspondence; or
- Otherwise provide us with Personal Information.
The information we may collect may include:
- When you create an account, your first and last name, contact information, such as your address, telephone number, or e-mail address, and your selected home location for your account;
- Your photo or avatar if you choose to provide one;
- If you choose to make a purchase, your payment information;
- Your location information;
- Your player ID number and username;
- Information regarding your Game play and in Game actions, including progress and the material, including advertising you have viewed and any actions you may have taken as a result (e.g. whether you choose to click an advertisement);
- Demographic information such as your age or gender, if you choose to join the game via a social media or other third party platform;
- Any other Personal Information that you voluntarily choose to submit to us.
Joining or Downloading the Game through Social Media or Third Party Platforms
We may distribute our Game through several different “app” stores. These stores may also request permission to collect other information from you and/or your device. We do not control, and are not responsible for the practices of such third party stores.
Cookies and How icejam Collects Information Through Technological Means
When you use our Game, or visit our Site, we may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser, device, or your internet service provider. This information may include your device type and device ID, as well as your domain name and your numerical IP address. We may also collect other general information (such as the type of browser you use, which pages you view, what progress and choices you make in the Game, what content, including advertisements, you view in the Service, how you interact with such content and other content such as our online advertisements, including whether you click the content and for how long you view it, your access times, events that occur within the Services, the files you request, and the page you viewed before you accessed our Services). We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Service, and to improve our Service.
We also may use and share information with third party advertisers, ad networks or other entities we work with to support our Services. Some of these advertisers and ad networks may use technology such as cookies and web beacons/pixel tags when they advertise on our Services, which will also send these advertisers and ad networks information including your IP address, device type, in game progress, advertisements viewed, and the browser you use. We, as well as some of these advertisers and ad networks also may use anonymous data, such as demographic data, received from third parties to assist in the delivery of advertisements to you.
These advertisers and ad networks may use the information described above to provide you with advertisements they believe will be relevant to you from third parties when you are using our Services, or when you are viewing third party websites, based on your online behaviour, activities associated with our Services, and your activities on other third party sites, demographic information and/or relevant to your general location, so that the advertising you see on our sites and third party sites more closely reflects your perceived interests and/or needs, or the interests/needs of other users we believe to have interests and needs similar to yours.
The amount of information that is sent by your device and browser depends on the device and browser and settings you use. Please refer to the instructions provided by your device and your browser if you want to learn more about what information they send to third parties when you use them, or how you may change or restrict this. The collection of this information in connection with the Game can only be disabled by uninstalling the Game.
We may use a feature on your browser called a “cookie” and/or other similar devices to carry out some or all of the purposes discussed in this section. Cookies are small files that your browser places on your device’s hard drive. They are used for a variety of reasons, such as tracking click streams, targeting advertising, and for load balancing. Information tracked through these mechanisms may include, but is not limited to: (i) your device type; (ii) your device number; (iii) your IP address; (iv) the type of web browser and operating system being used; and (v) the pages of the Site a user visits. Your browser/device may give you the option to reject cookies. However, setting your browser/device to reject cookies generally hinders its performance and may adversely affect your experience while using our Service.
We may use Google Analytics, and other third parties, to determine how visitors use and engage with our Services, to identify usage patterns, and track the use of our Services by individual users. You may find more information about the collection and use of information through Google Analytics, including how to opt-out, at: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
How icejam Uses and Discloses Personal Information
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Deliver you weather information based on your location;
- Facilitate, complete or confirm any purchase you choose to make using the Services, including facilitating payment for your purchase. For example, certain features in the Game may present you with an opportunity to make a purchase in exchange for taking certain actions, or accessing certain content within the Game, instead of viewing an advertisement;
- Respond to your questions or inquiries;
- To conduct analytical analysis, including for market research;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- To conduct promotional activities, including serving advertising regarding our Services, other products or services we may offer, and the products and services of third party advertisers, ad networks we may work with;
- To improve our products, games, and Services, including the development of new products and services;
- Supply you with requested information on our Services;
- To send you informational or promotional communications that you have agreed to receive;
- To carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent;
- To carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
We may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers that assist us with carrying out these purposes. For example, we may use a data processing contractor to operate computer systems on our behalf or to process payments for us.
We reserve the right to transfer any Personal Information we have about you in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party or should any such transaction be proposed. We may also use, or disclose your Personal Information to third parties, if we have reason to believe that using or disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; (iii) investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter; or (iv) to protect our rights, safety or property. Lastly, we may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose to which you consent.
How we Protect Personal Information
Although we have taken measures to help protect our Services and any Personal Information that we have collected from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, misuse, alteration or destruction, no security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
Some or all of the Personal Information we collect may be stored or processed on servers located outside your jurisdiction of residence, including in the United States, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions. Subject to applicable laws in such other jurisdictions, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to require the data processor in that country to maintain protections on the Personal Information.
Access and Rectification
You have a right to request access to your Personal Information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personal Information to icejam and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it removed or corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains Personal Information of other persons, or for legal reasons. In such cases, we will provide you with a reasonable explanation of why it is not possible to grant access to your Personal Information.
Children and Parents
Third Party Websites
How to Contact Us
- access Personal Information that you have already provided to us so that you can correct or update it, or request that it be deleted;
- request the deletion of Personal Information regarding your minor child; or
Please advise us by contacting our Privacy Officer in writing at Privacy Officer, 425 Adelaide Street West, Suite 702, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5V 3C1.